Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Childhood Hero

My childhood hero would have to be my mother. My mother and father got a divorce when i was very very young so i don't remember much. After the divorce, my father moved to Arizona and my mother and I stayed in Illinois. We got an apartment in Downtown Palatine and i started kindergarten. Ever since i started school, my mother was always there for me whether i needed help with my schoolwork or i was getting picked on...no matter what she was there. As i started to get older and mature she had to teach me about being a man. I give her the most props for that. Yourself being a woman with a teenager having to teach him about being a man, defending yourself, explaining the birds and the bees..i cant imagine all the stress on her raising me and working full time..it must have been unbearable at some times. On July 14th, 2009, at about 11:00pm my mother passed away in my arms in our Hoffman Estates home. it was the most heart wrenching and painful thing i have had to go through. After she passed, i started to think about everything that she had done for me and all the sacrifices she had made just for me to be happy or clothed or stay in school. Every morning and night I thank her for everything she did for me. I don't know what i would have done without her. She is my inspiration...she is my everything. I will never forget her words of wisdom. I will never forget her...


R.I.P
Lisa Diane Kurk
5/5/1961-7/14/09

No comments:

Post a Comment